Register HERE by March 14 for early bird pricing! It's a double-header this year! We're supplementing our Annual Awards Banquet with a keynote on Future World Vision.
Join us in celebrating and recognizing local excellence in projects, engineers, and students in these categories:
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Project of the Year, and the Sustainable Project of the Year
- Meritorious Service Award, and the Community Service Award
- Student Scholarships, and Outstanding Graduating Seniors (Catholic University of America, George Mason University, George Washington University, Howard University, and the University of the District of Columbia)
- Members who achieved Life Member status and Fellow status
This year’s banquet will also feature a keynote address by Terry Neimeyer, Chairman of the Board at KCI Technologies, about ASCE’s Future World Vision. Future World Vision is a 50 year look forward of what the civil engineer will be doing in a Future World. Using state of the art 3D visual technology, the engineer will be able to work in up to five worlds, from:
- a 10 years from now Mega City;
- to a 20 years from now Rural City;
- to a 30 years from now Floating City;
- to a 40 years from now Frozen City; and
- to a 50 years from now Off Planet City.
This 3D visual platform will allow you to update and add to what these Cities will look like in the future, and to begin thinking about how your work will evolve to meet the needs of that future.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM. Networking hour with hors d'ouerves starts at 6:00 PM.
WHERE: Hilton Arlington - 950 North Stafford Street, Arlington, Virginia
FEE: Early Registration: $55, Walk-In (pending availability)$65, Students $20
About our Speaker: Terry Neimeyer, PE, ENV SP, F.ASCE, BCEE is Chairman of the Board of KCI Technologies, a multi-disciplined engineering firm headquartered in Baltimore, MD with 47 offices in 24 states in the US. KCI has over 1500 employees and over $250 million in annual revenues and is ranked number 67 on the Engineering News Record (ENR) top 500. Terry is a past national Chairman of the American Council of Engineering Companies and past Chairman of the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure. He serves as past Chairman of ASCE’s Industry Leaders Council and is a past section President for ASCE Delaware, is a Fellow of ASCE and currently sits on the national Board of Direction as an At Large Director. Terry earned a B.S. in civil engineering from the University of Delaware, a M.S. in environmental engineering from Johns Hopkins University, and a M.B.A. from Wilmington University and is a registered professional engineer in six states.